The Ghost Grey Penguin of --TAO-- is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by TAO the Wanderer with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 11.523 billion TAO-penguinss have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education and Public Transport are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of --TAO-- City. The average income tax rate is 59.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The --TAO--ian economy, worth 707 trillion 17jan2010 grumphas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,360 17jan2010 grumphas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, the study of medicine is popular throughout --TAO--, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. --TAO--'s national animal is the grumpha, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Antimarsupialism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 5 days ago: --TAO-- fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 5 days ago: --TAO-- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 24 days ago: --TAO-- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 29 days ago: --TAO-- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 50 days ago: --TAO-- lodged a message on the The Beech Beach House Regional Message Board.
- 51 days ago: --TAO-- lodged a message on the The Beech Beach House Regional Message Board.
- 57 days ago: --TAO-- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 57 days ago: --TAO-- lodged a message on the The Beech Beach House Regional Message Board.
- 59 days ago: --TAO-- agreed to construct embassies between The Beech Beach House and The Forty Two Islands.
- 62 days ago: --TAO-- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.