“Suntem cu ochii pe tine”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Big Brother of --Big Brother-- is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Big Brother with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 22.623 billion --Big Brother--ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prima. The average income tax rate is 83%. A nonexistent private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Prima Times is sold out, Big Brother has just been declared ruler of --Big Brother-- in an international press conference, newspapers may not print any negative stories about the government, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Big Brother's bedroom. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. --Big Brother--'s national animal is the izabela, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is a big religion, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 36 days ago
- 14 hours ago: --Big Brother-- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 7 days ago: --Big Brother-- fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 11 days ago: --Big Brother-- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 15 days ago: --Big Brother-- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 25 days ago: --Big Brother-- fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 25 days ago: --Big Brother-- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 30 days ago: --Big Brother-- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 31 days ago: --Big Brother-- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 10%).
- 34 days ago: --Big Brother--'s influence in Transilvania rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 39 days ago: --Big Brother--'s influence in Transilvania fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".