The Kingdom of Kongdom is a large, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 80 million Kongdomians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 46.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Kongdomian economy, worth 2.07 trillion Kong Kroner a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 25,877 Kong Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Euthanasia is illegal, the Lion is a protected species, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kongdom's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kongdom's influence in WACP rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Kongdom, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Kongdom, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Kongdom, the Lion is a protected species.
- : Following new legislation in Kongdom, euthanasia is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Kongdom, biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse.
- : Kongdom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Kongdom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Kongdom, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Kongdom lodged a message on the WACP Regional Message Board.