The Queen's State of Mahoosuc is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16.83 billion Mahoosucians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.3%.
The very strong Mahoosucian economy, worth 786 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 46,737 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 453,146 per year while the poor average 232, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Mahoosuc's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mahoosuc's influence in Japvia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Mahoosuc relocated from Osiris to Japvia.
- : Mahoosuc was refounded in Osiris.
- : Mahoosuc ceased to exist.
- : Mahoosuc fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Mahoosuc was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- : Mahoosuc was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Mahoosuc was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mahoosuc was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Mahoosuc was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.